RubyTombstone

The Beetle
Richard Marsh
Wreck This Journal
Keri Smith
Zombiesque - Stephen L. Antczak, Martin H. Greenberg, James C. Bassett, Richard Lee Byar, Nancy A. Collins, G.K. Hayes, Jim C. Hines, Seanan McGuire, Gregory Nicoll, Charles Pinion, Jean Rabe, Robert Sommer, Del Stone Jr., Sean Taylor, S. Boyd Taylor, Laszlo Xalier, Wendy  Webb Every second book these days says it's a "fresh take on zombies", but this one actually delivers. The stories are all told from the zombie's POV, yet each is unique and offering some fascinating new possibilities for the genre. I've been dipping in and out of Zombiesque between novels and have yet to finish it, but I'd happily recommend this to horror or zombie aficionados, based purely on the strength of the first few stories.HIGHLIGHTSDo No Harm (Tim Waggoner) -WOW. This truly is a fresh take on zombies. A nanotech-based virus, zombie "hives", a doctor-turned-zombie-queen who will not do harm. I've already said too much. Just read it.At First Only Darkness (Nancy A Collins) -I love this story. Told from the POV of the zombie, all visceral hunger and dim impressions of the world around him. I love that the zombie doesn't see "people, zombies or animals" only "food, not-food and maybe-food".Zombie Camp (Richard Lee Byers) -A holiday camp for people wishing to experience the visceral joys of being a zombie. At least temporarily. Brilliant idea.Into That Good Night (Robert Sommers) -An exploration of what "family" might mean to a newly made zombie.Gimme A Z! (Seanan McGuire) -Cute & quirky. A fun little story about a cheerleader that rises from the dead. What I really appreciate is McGuire's writing style. I could read a shopping list written by her, and be totally satisfied.