RubyTombstone

The Beetle
Richard Marsh
Wreck This Journal
Keri Smith
Neuromancer  - William Gibson You can't deny this is a beautifully written book - stunningly visual, poignant, boldly original, comedic etc etc etc. I can't really say anything about it that hasn't already been said. All I can really add are my own musings:I did find it interesting that that as imaginative as Gibson was in this book, his predictions of the internet and electronic media were in some ways more limited and rooted to the physical world than what has since come to pass - data exists in a physical place, the internet is generated in a building, there's little user-generated content, software patches exist as physical objects etc etc. Not that I'm blaming him for "getting it wrong" - it's just an interesting aspect to ponder.I wish I had read this in 1984 to really understand the context of the book. I spent a lot of time trying to remember what people knew and didn't know then.I have to say, I was a little disappointed with the ending. It felt contrived and quite deliberately enigmatic to me. I could almost hear Gibson's disembodied voice... "They'll be debating this one for DECADES! Bwahahahahaha......."Other than that, I really loved this book. It's a masterpiece for a reason.